Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

O2 - "All Systems Are Down" - A Common Phrase

I called O2 on the 26 October to check if handset was eligible for upgrade and was told completely wrong information as detailed here. I was told during that call to call back on the 5 November to check to see if desired handset had arrived in stock.

I called on the 5 November and was told the handset was not yet in stock and if I want call again in the afternoon to see if the situation had changed. Yeah right, I've got nothing better to do than call and wait in large O2 queues. What amazes me is I doubt O2 are buying 5-10 phones! So presuming they are buying them on mass surely they know when they will get them? The girl even said it could be the 6th and offered no guarantees of when they would arrive. And the usual request of can you call me when you get them in was declined. So I decided to leave it a few days.

I called back on the morning of 7 November to request the handset upgrade presuming that they will now have stock but was told that all systems were down and to call back in a few hours (recording here - 95Kb). Although I've not blogged about it as yet, I am damn sick of this being a common occurrence when calling O2. The amount of downtime they seem to have is incredible from my experience and to make matters worse the staff seem to sound happier on those days.

A few hours came and I called back only to be told the system is down and to call back later (recording here - 150Kb).

Later on I called back again. I was told the system was down and to call back after 6pm (recording here - 604Kb).

After 6pm I called back again. I was told the system was down and to call back tomorrow (recording here - 886Kb).

Leaving aside the fact that their systems often are down or I am very unlucky, then why the hell do they queue me on an rip off0870 number for ages and make me push lots of buttons all for nothing? Why not instead flip to an announcement? I guess it is only because they like to make some cash of queuing you on the 0870 and have scant regard for customers time/money.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?