Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

O2 Call Centre Gimps

I've had lots of bad experiences with the UK cellular operator O2 this year and really ought to blog the details when I have got time.

In the meantime, I called O2 tonight simply to ask if a phone was eligible for an upgrade (in the UK if you are on a post-pay phone, it can be upgraded to another handset at a heavily discounted price every 12 months). The thick agent gimp said that it was not eligible until December this year and that because it was not eligible the phone I wanted would be £150GBP instead of the discounted price of £50GBP. I pretty much accepted this but just as I was away to hang up I asked her which phone I had upgraded to last December. She claimed that I had upgraded to a Nokia and I informed her that I really could not remember a Nokia phone on that account. After the usual the "system says" line I challenged her again because I remembered the phone upgrade previously had been in the month of May last year since I been at a memorable concert and the upgraded phone had just arrived the same day. She then laughed and said that she had made a mistake (it was obvious that she either did not know what year it is currently or she was unable to add 12 months to a calendar month). Thick cow.

I recorded the call (and yes for company legal bods I did say that I was recording at start of call). Please find an MP3 of the O2 agent gimp here (2 meg). If you are pushed for time, jump to 1:55.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?