Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Amazon Credit Card Story Part 2 (Halifax/Affinity Cards/Mastercard)

In Part 1 I detailed the saga of trying to gain an online login to my Amazon Credit card account in order to settle the first bill (which I have STILL not even received a copy of), which eventually I gave up on achieving and cancelled the card as a result.

In this shorter Part 2 I detail how instead of helping me gain the necessary online login for the credit card in order to pay the bill, Amazon intellectually challenged zombies instead destroyed my ordinary Amazon login and my Amazon Associates login rather than resolve the credit card login. Even today (nearing November) the Amazon Associates account does not work. Anyhow…

As detailed in Part 1 I called (internationally) Amazon customer services on the 24th August to explain that the login was still down for card holder login.

By the 28th I had cancelled the card but owing the mentally challenged agent on the 24th at Amazon customer services, I could not log into my Amazon account which is COMPLETELY separate from the Amazon Credit card.

I fired this email off to Amazon:

28th August

-----------------

Still no email or contact back from Amazon. I tried calling internationally to Amazon customer services on +44 800 279 6620 but I get only an announcement that I am calling outside of business hours, and that business hours are 8pm-6pm. The kicker is that it was 5pm UK time when I called.

I now have three issues instead of one.

The first issue is my experiences with the Amazon Mastercard which still remains unanswered even though I have cancelled the card now as a result. Again I copy all emails on that issue in reverse chronological order.

The second issue is the poor (in fact complete lack of) response from Amazon. I want answers as to why I have been stonewalled and on calling up have received broken promises such as on the 24th when I was told I would receive an email within 15 minutes. IN CASE there is technical problem an alternative email address is xxxx@xxxx.com and you can call me on xxxxxxxxxx (leave voice mail if not answered).

The third issue was that on the 24th August I was unable to log in to the Amazon.co.uk website. When I called about the Mastercard issue on the morning of the 24th August I mentioned that I could not log in. The person said this was due to me having two accounts against the same email address. I said that nothing, including passwords had been changed for many years, so I find it hard to believe that without action at the Amazon end, the system decides to reject me from logging in. I also said I probably should have two accounts as one is for Amazon Associates which is separate. The person wanted to delete one and I told him not to. He said that instead he would reset the password and so I agreed. I felt VERY uneasy about this since I use Amazon.co.uk almost daily and have done for many years and I have not changed any login details thus there was no reason that suddenly one morning I could not login. I suggested that it could be due to someone at Amazon.co.uk making changes in respect of the card issue I had raised (which if so, would be another mistake since the IDs should not be connected). He said this was not the case, although I am still highly skeptical. To make matters much worse, on logging in today, all my shopping history, wish list Etc. is GONE. Whereas even after the password reset it was still there. This is NOT acceptable as I need the order history for expense tracking Etc.

AGAIN I REQUEST ESCALATION ON THESE THREE ISSUES. Failing that I will start putting into writing these issues and then will seek to broadcast my experiences with others on the Internet.

As it was to later turn out I was quite right. A child could see the logic. I’ve used my Amazon account for years without changing the password and use it almost daily. After calling up and complaining that I was unable to register for online login for the Amazon Mastercard (completely separate) I was unable to login to my normal Amazon account. It did not require much intelligence to deduce that the Amazon monkey who was completely clueless about Amazon’s credit card decided to fu$# with my Amazon account details.

On the 31st of August I called up (internationally again) Amazon customer services to explain that I could not log into my Amazon account (yet again). After a lot of hassle to get past the brainless shop floor Amazon monkey I managed to speak to somebody who sounded as if he had a brain. He quickly saw the logic and said that indeed the agent was wrong on the 24th August as I suspected and had muddled the accounts up. He quickly resolved the login issue (to Amazon normal account) and said that he would have a word with the agent in question. Do remember that this was just resolving the login to Amazon not to Amazon credit card which is different and which I had already given up on resulting in card cancellation after the first bill!

Summary to date: ordered Amazon credit card (who partner with Halifax, Mastercard and Affinity Cards for the product). First bill failed to appear in the post so I tried to register for online services to pay it but initially nobody or none of the companies knew who to deal with to achieve this momentous feat. On finding out, the service was down day after day. They would not take a payment by telephony so I had no choice but to cancel the card. Amazon’s only “help” was to further compound matters by letting a brainless monkey loose on my Amazon account which resulted in that login screwed up to requiring international calls just to get that fixed, let alone resolve any card issue which I had called about in the first place.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?