Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

Amazon Credit Card Reviews

Tonight I wondered if I had been the only one to suffer endlessly at the hands of the Amazon credit card. I had been thinking that it was so bad that surely I can not be only one.

After 5 minutes Googling it was clear that I am far from the only one. For example in the Guardian:

Amazon's UK cardholders had a shock when they received a letter telling them they are going to be hit with a balance transfer fee for each debt they had previously transferred on to the card.


I see here others have had similar experiences looking at Amazon credit card reviews at Review Center :

dannybro
The worst online servicing I have ever experienced...Useless customer service...I will be taking out a replacement card with a better provider shortly, as the online servicing just plain doesn't work. You have to resort to paying your bill with a cheque in the post...


allana
Customer service and an online banking system that rarely works, and when it does it can misinform you...when you start trying to navigate the online section it is a complete mess, and that is when it works.


alvinlwh
the online banking/account is the silly HBOS one. This being a Halifax card, is a real pain to set up.


And since this Amazon card is really just a Halifax credit card then Googling for Halifax credit card reviews brings up more very unhappy people! There would appear no end to complaints so shame on Amazon for sticking their branding on it. Again some snippets from Review Centre:

Churchmousester
Never again! What a shame they don't invest some of their enormous Advertising budget into Customer Service!


fedupwithbanks
I have contacted Halifax on numerous occasions to sort out payment problems, as I have recently lost my job and have insurance to cover payments. Halifax have not written back or sorted out the problem, and all they do is continually call me via a call centre 6 times a day, and I have to speak to staff who know nothing and cannot help.


Joemaidenhead
I received a telephone call from the Halifax call centre explaining that my account was overdue (I hadn't received the statement in the post). I explained this, and I asked the person at the call centre, who didn't speak very good English (off-shore call centre. Surprise surprise), if my card had been charged the late fee. Apparently it had,...Halifax have NO goodwill in them at all. They do not see you as a person; just a number!


Shopping Princess
As a LOYAL Halifax customer for several years now, recently their customer service has been absolutely appalling.


Isn't it amazing how others have the same problems? There is no doubt I was not a one off case after reading around! How many others have been called 6 times a day 7 days a week like myself and harassed? How many others have been harassed for money which they do not even have a bill for like me? How many others have had late fees added onto cancelled cards way after cancellation even when they have never received anything in writing, not even a bill? Still to date I've NEVER had a copy of a bill or even seen a bill even though I have made three separate requests to date! How many others out there have had to suffer at what can not in any shape or form be rightly called "customer service"? And how many others have had to battle trying to get an online login and also how many others can not make online payments because their systems are down day after day?

Amazon listen! This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Nothing short of dumping HBOS will be. If that is not done, then go ahead and burn more brand credibility over time with this sour lemon. I doubt you will drop them as you probably have a cosy financial setup with them. So it would not be unfair to say that Amazon are as corrupt as HBOS. Certainly the longer Amazon refuse not to drop them, the truer this will seem, as time will be an endorsement of Halifax behaviour.
Comments:
Most companies that i use have rubbish customer services.

The only 2 bank and credit companies that i got excellent service from was abbey bank and abacus credit cards

the rest mainly sucked

customer services is mainly a word for con artist or are used to deny all problems and fault and most the times the people on the phone are people unqualified in the field they are serving under (e.g. banks) reading off a script.
 
Most companies that i use have rubbish customer services.

The only 2 bank and credit companies that i got excellent service from was abbey bank and abacus credit cards

the rest mainly sucked

customer services is mainly a word for con artist or are used to deny all problems and fault and most the times the people on the phone are people unqualified in the field they are serving under (e.g. banks) reading off a script.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?