Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

O2 Can Record You But You Cannot Record Them!

O2 never cease to amaze me in their ever down spiralling customer services. Today’s shocker was that on politely informing the call centre drone that I record all outgoing calls he said that he was within his right to hang up. I pointed out the fact that O2 announce that they may record calls prior to me being connected to an agent. Thru some logic I still don’t get (probably means there is none as the agents have not had training in logic) he repeated that he was within his right to hang up if he was being recorded by a customer.

It was OK for O2 to record customers but it was not OK for a customer to record a conversation with O2 agents. Quite staggering double standards. I presented him with the reason for my call which was to ask for a confirmation that O2 are selectively blocking calls to certain numbers if they feel those numbers are lowering your phone bill (for example Superline, Call18866, Call1899). After putting this question to him he said he was going to exercise his right and hung up.

Find it hard to believe? I do – but call is here (3 meg MP3).

Note that if you want to know how to get around the call block, contact me. All it achieves is to completely outrage the customer and further enforce brand disloyalty.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?